Sunday, May 16, 2010

And the winner is....

With much anticipation, the winner of the SOCK CONTEST has been decided!!



RESULTS LINK

Don’t forget, the “other” category was for voters to submit their info for the raffle and wasn’t a vote for other stories.

Story 9. BK in FL
Let me set the scene: I get through the swim to start off my triathlon. Then as I am getting on the bike, I felt the bladder tugging a little, but I thought, eh no big deal, I can make it to the end. Of course I had tried to hydrate well before the race, and was beginning to think I may have to pay for it with a stop to the port-a-potty. I get through the bike, and am running my bike through the transition. Out of NOWHERE, I feel like my bladder is going to explode. And of course I am still wet from the swim, adding to the thoughts of gushing geysers going through my brain. I tried thinking of ANYthing else to get my mind off the ol’ bladder. Well, so much for the power of positive thinking. As I am sitting down in the transition to switch from my cycling shoes to my running shoes, the geyser blows!! And, to make matters worse, there is a guy next to me in the transition, who is chatting about the race and is well within view of my uh….mishap. So, a mysterious trickle appears and is running strangely away from the area of my shorts, and the guy is STILL talking to me. So, I think fast, how do I avoid the awkward question of why there is a stream flowing beneath me? Ah, my water bottle! So, I very obviously say, “OOPS, I DROPPED MY WATER BOTTLE” and proceed to very obviously throw my bottle on the ground, squeezing water out to hopefully mask the other stream that has formed on the ground. Needless to say, I got a strange look, and he probably knew what was going on anyway. I avoided the water bottle for the remainder of the race, rinsed down in the lake afterwards, and changed so my cohorts at the race were none the wiser!

See artist rendering of scene:



Thanks to everyone that submitted a story! BK in FL, drop me a message with your pick of socks and I’ll get that order going!

Also a part of the contest was a raffle for those that voted and liked the FalkeeTriathlon facebook fan page. We had a total of 15 entries. Those were numbered in order of voting and using Random.org, a random number was generated from the 15 entries.



The winner is… #08, GH in PA. Please drop me a line with your 3 digit number you gave me and your address and sock size. Your burrito socks will be in the mail shortly!





Hopefully everyone enjoyed the stories.

Any ideas for a future contest? Gory crash stories? Near miss stories? What would people want to read??

Stay tuned for the Bikesource Triathlon race report. Should be interesting with 55% chance of rain all day and high of 64… yeah.

Also, submit a vote above for a kid name for our second kid, a boy! We had a girl name all picked out but we’re stumped for a boy name.

No comments: