Thursday, June 3, 2010

The socks

So, the contest I had a while back about embarrassing stories ended and the socks were shipped. Below is what the winner of the story contest wanted:



Interesting choice.

And here are the raffle winner socks, which have not been claimed! If you entered the raffle and are GH in PA, please drop me a line via the email ink or a comment on the site so I can ship your socks out! I would hate for these fine fart socks not to get to the rightful owner!



Thanks everyone for participating and any ideas for the next contest??

On the triathlon front, IM KS coming up this Sunday! It's odd that this year it's kind of been on the back burner. I think last year the specter of a 1/2 IM was a large task and I was worried about being trained up enough. I proved I could complete the event, even if having to walk/run the last 6 miles. But I think the big issues was nutrition and not getting enough to get through the run and I'm more trained up than i was last year. Aced the KC tri two weeks ago and I'm feeling pretty confident that I can shift focus from anxiety of completing the race to enjoying the event and feel comfortable that I don't need to kill myself but I should do better than last year if I stay up with nutrition.

Maybe the accident with our little dachshund puppy, Patches, yesterday has distracted me as well from the race. He and RJ (our 85 pound black lab) had an issue yesterday morning over food and Patches ended up at the vet. So I missed workouts yesterday (swim and maybe a small run) and that's not sitting well at the moment besides the fact our puppy was injured pretty good. More on that later...

2 comments:

Christi said...

I am so sorry about your puppy! I wish you the best of luck this weekend. Maybe I will see you there. I will be number 341!

Trish said...

Enjoy taper. I'll be there cheering and giving out penalties. :-) No cheating!