Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday already? Where does the weekend go??

I know where the weekend went!  At home with the kiddos!  Emily is working weekends a lot these days which puts me on kiddo patrol all weekend.  I'm not toting the flag that I'm all that and a bag of chips for wrangling kids all weekend, since Emily does is most of the week while I'm at work, but it was a larger experiment to see how this would work.

TRAINING
I managed to get most of what I wanted in last week during the week.  I utilized a lot of my lunches for runs and rides.  It means less time taking it easy over lunch, but I guess you have to manage your priorities.

So, not much happened this weekend training wise.  I did a session of The-Regimen and played soccer Sunday night.  Most was captured during the week so basically it was two days of off days for the weekend.  It was hard not going bonkers and feeling lazy.  I'm sure my joints didn't mind.

I also find it interesting to read about everyone's "off-season".  I kind of took a departure from that line of thinking.  I've heard the saying it takes 3 weeks to build a habit and 3 days to break it.  Now, that probably doesn't apply in bad habits, but like getting up at 4:30am during the week... it doesn't take me long to get out of that.  I think if I changed my habits and took time off, it would be a tall order to get back on board.  Plus, I enjoy the training, just not the cold.

I do see it as a food "off-season".  Cakes, cookies, candy... with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas it would be depressing to miss all the goodies.  I just take most in moderation and keep around 180 for the winter.  We'll see how that goes!


EXAMINER ARTICLES
Just got one for a recall on Giant Mountain Bikes


FAMILY
Like I mentioned, it was dad duty this weekend.  I think I did pretty good.  Even took BOTH kids to Wal Mart for food and stuff Saturday!!  I tried church last weekend and that was so-so.  But Liam slept and Riah was awesome!  Played in the cart building towers of boxes of food.  I have no idea how but the cart would suddenly jerk to the left and the tower would crash back into the cart... odd.  =)

I can't praise my daughter enough these days.  She was super awesome all weekend, only 2 little moments and super helpful with Liam.  Hopefully this keeps up and they have a good sibling relationship... you know, instead of the ones where they try and kill each other!




FANTASY FOOTBALL
Peyton Manning is killing me.  I have him in two leagues... only like 8 points.  Won one game and leading two but probably not after Monday night.  He's killing me.


REAL FOOTBALL
Chiefs are killing me too!  49-29 loss to the Donkeys (sorry about the slur to you CO peeps that like them).  Ever since watching Elway take them apart, I just don't like em.  But the Chiefs I think are showing what they really are for the year.  Better than 4-12 from last year, but that's just it, better.  They are on the brink of good but that's about it.  A lot of people were talking AFC champs and playoff home games and all kinds of non-sense.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Chiefs fan but also a realist.  I'm happy with 8-8 or better after 5 sad years.  If they do better, great.  But by no means do I expect anything better this year.  They were 4-12, 2-14, and 4-12 before this.  You don't go from that to 14-2 and the super bowl.  Sorry.  "They were who we thought they were!"

And, for you Monday Funday people out there, some humor for the beginning of the week!  Something to look forward to with Liam!




4 comments:

TRI714 said...

that dog is wrecked, and I too am not happy with my beloved Chiefs.

Christi said...

I think you are right about the Chiefs. I think they are on the right track but they still have a ways to go!

Congrats on a great weekend with the Kiddos!

Christi said...

I think you are right about the Chiefs. I think they are on the right track but they still have a ways to go!

Congrats on a great weekend with the Kiddos!

Jason said...

Yeah, Peyton is doing a number on you in FFB. I will say that this is the oddest year in FFB I can recall. Some guys (like your man DBowe - who I have in every league I'm in) is finally showing up albeit in a route in which Matt Cassell looked like Johnny U (Colts reference for you.)

Congrats on being a great Dad. It is not an easy job but you are doing your best. Keep it up.