Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rolling into the Holidays!

So does everyone notice the earlier and earlier start of Christmas?  Halloween is an afterthought these days.  September marked the appearance of Christmas decorations at my local Target store.  2 weeks ago people on my street started putting up lights... and turning them on at night.  Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet!?  Wow.  I sort of gave in.  Trying to get the lights up before we head for a cold spell, I started last night.  Half done.  Half baked... however you want to look at it.

I did head out for a sale at Toys R Us that was across the street from one of our large malls.  The traffic was insane.  Here's a phone that doesn't do it justice.  Traffic was backed up 2 miles onto the highway for the exit to the mall.  Ridiculous.  I stay online for my shopping.

















TRAINING
Got in 7 hours last week.  Only got in one swim which isn't my plan.  I still would like 2 to 3 swims a week.  As usual, matters on the home front rendered me out of commission to swim over lunch.  More on that later.

And... trainer season is in full effect.  It is encouraging that my speed is up from last year.  Of course, I have been able to stay outside longer this year so I'm sure that helps with cycling legs.  Hoping to get out over a lunch this week before we hit below 20 at night around these parts.

I'm still shooting for 3 runs a week.  Short - fast tempo, medium with threshold sprints and a long slow/medium tempo run.  So far so good.  Pace is still up but the cold morning temps dip into my energy stores and take a little out of me.


EXAMINER
Thanks for Thanksgiving
Bike Crank Recall


FALKEETRIATHLON
New sponsor added!  Grease Monkey Wipes!  I'm looking forward to ordering some and trying them out at home.  If nothing else, they have a sweet logo!  50% off to FalkeeTriathlon Athletes - looking to add more athletes by the way.


To celebrate, check out their latest sale!



** NOTICE ** - I have added an email list to the right below my profile.  If you would like to get in on a monthly email newsletter or notice when a deal comes along from a sponsor or affiliate like Grease Monkey Wipes, sign up.  I create the emails so I will not litter it with links and ads (I'm not sure how many ads Bravenet puts in the email automatically).  Sign up, and you get an email from me!  How sweet is that?  More personal communication from ME!  How can you ask for more????  You can't!  Sign up!


FAMILY
Liam... oh Liam.  Back in the hospital AGAIN last Friday through Sunday.  It's hard to get a life again or have anything resembling a schedule with Liam having his issues.  We took him in for one thing and they kept him for another, making him worse.  We got him to a point they would let us go and unless it's an emergency, we are not going back.  Hospitals are good and all, but sometimes they do more harm than good.


FANTASY FOOTBALL
Peyton Manning showed up!  Thanks to the Patriots for pasting 21 on the Colts early to make them stop running.

I went 3-0 for the weekend for all of my leagues and two I'm sitting good for the playoffs.  One of my yahoo leagues I'm going to need to keep winning and I'll need some help to make the playoffs.  At least it pays for high score for the week that I have won a few times, almost covering entry fee.


Stay tuned for a review of The-Regimen!

4 comments:

TRI714 said...

Liams in our prayers. Great training. And I hear you loud and clear on the lunch swims !! What's up, I can't seem to get them worked back in on a regular basis.

Christi said...

Poor baby Liam! I have him in my prayers!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jason said...

Sending positive vibes out to you and the family for Liam.

Patrick Mahoney said...

Man, sorry about Liam..as Jason said sending positive vibes..