Friday, December 17, 2010

Brrrr... are you a fool like me?

Decided I couldn't make myself run the dreadmill.  Ran over lunch today (30 degrees compared to 20 this morning) for my long week run.  It was cold.  I had enough coverage everyplace else but my hands.  I had some dinky cotton gloves under some heavier athletic gloves, but it wasn't enough with the light wind we had over lunch.  FROZEN DIGITS!  I didn't heed my own advice...



Get some gloves!  I need to find better options.  I have good cycling gloves but with less mobility than I want when running.

We'll see what Santa brings me if I need to go get some better options.

But I have to admit that lunch time running wakes me up and makes the afternoon that much more bearable (as in I'm not as tired and wiped out feeling).  Odd how that works.  =)


5 comments:

TRI714 said...

props to you. Im headed home to run in the rain.

Christi said...

Check out Aimee's blog today! She did a review of some gloves and they look excellent!

http://trirunveg.blogspot.com/


FYI, love the newsletter!

Unknown said...

Awesome post! My checks are always numb when I get back from my winter runs. What do you normally wear for your face and head?

Unknown said...

Awesome post! My face is always frozen during my winter runs. What do you normally wear for your face and head?

Thanks

Mike Welch

RFalkenrath said...

Usually I wear a balaclava for my face and a stocking cap over that and I'm pretty good.