Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Facial Hair is Key to the Offseason

Steve in a Speedo knows that facial hair is a off-season luxury.  But, he shaved his off a little premature.  I hear that's not the only thing he's premature on (some Steve humor - just a joke people!).

In all seriousness, I'm glad I grew the goatee.  I only have one balaclava and it was already nasty from a run last week and hadn't been washed so I didn't have it for a lunch ride this week.  Ya, that's right.  It was around 46 degrees for lunch yesterday here in KC so I went for a bike ride!  I had a stocking cap thankfully, but my goatee saved my face from the chill.  If I didn't have to look "professional" for work, I'd let it all grow out all winter to endure winter runs outside.  You guys could help me lose the day job by reading my Examiner articles and sharing with others... then I could look like a scrub year-round!  I'm not sure how my wife would handle that, though.


TRAINING
Only got in around 6 hours last week.  Liam being in the hospital took up mist of the free time so I squeezed in what I could in the mornings.  Not bad, but hopefully I can keep up the trend this week and get pool time in.

Last week:
60 miles cycling
13.81 miles running
No swimming - sad

This week so far:
16.7 miles cycling
7.45 miles running
3500 yards swimming

I'm looking into running a satellite run for Operation Jack this Sunday.  Check it out.  If you are running anyway, sign up and run for the cause!


EXAMINER
Tips for Running in the Cold Part 1
Tips for Running in the Cold Part 2


EVENTS
I did it.  I signed up for the Leadville 100 Mountain Bike race.  Well, I signed up for the lottery.  I'm pretty sure I won't make it in but who knows.  Nice challenge, right?


HAMMER NUTRITION
Check out Hammer Nutrition.  I'm using their Perpetuem for long rides and runs.  If you order from me, you get 15% off your first order.  Check it out.  Anyone else use Hammer?  How do you like it?


FANTASY FOOTBALL
Peyton Manning let me down in my CBS league, along with Fred Jackson, Vernon Davis... and more.  Peyton did ok, but not good enough.  I'm playing for 3rd place but 4th gets nothing so the pressure is on.

My yahoo league I'm now playing for 1st place!  The other guy has Mike Vick and he's been an animal, and he's playing the sad sack Vikings.  At least I get something for 2nd place...

1 comment:

Christi said...

Congrats on getting in the Leadville lottery! I hope you get in the race. My friend didn't get in last year but he did do the 50 miler and it rawked. I was there cheering him and all the riders on!