Monday, December 27, 2010

Have I got the best holiday diet plan for YOU!

Do you dread the holiday weight gain?

Do you fear those chocolate covered peanuts, pretzels, and peanut butter balls??

Do you wish there was a regiment out there that would curb your hunger, result in weight loss and get you past all those tasty desserts and fattening main courses without working out more or changing your diet???

Then are you in luck!  I have two simple words that could change your life!

Stomach Flu.



And it could be yours for 3 easy payments of $29.99.

For those small monthly payments, our scientists will have those infected cough in an envelop and mail it to your front door!  YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE.... and once you get it, you won't want to.

So that was our Christmas.

Our 2 year old got it last Wednesday night.  She only got sick once but her "tummy hurt" Thursday night.  Thursday night my "tummy" started hurting and I was sick once that night but today is Monday and I'm just now feeling about 95% in the tummy department.  Usually I stay at 180 for the holidays and this morning I was 171.  I'm eating and drinking good enough, but I just don't have an appetite past the first bite of meals.  I'm sure it will come back with time.  Emily got violently ill Christmas morning and had to get IV fluids.  She was still sick last night and hopefully feels better today.  The 2 year old is still a little under the weather.  Luckily we don't think Liam has been hit but I'm not holding my breathe.

So Christmas goodies, no thanks.  Christmas dinner?  Bowl of raisin bran.  It's all I could take.  I think Emily ate a gummy worm.

Not to mention to top it off we got to spend from 12/23 to 12/25 at the hospital again with Liam.  Originally it was for a test overnight and then they decided he wasn't eating good enough to go home... until Christmas day at noon.  So I picked him up while Emily was in the ER getting fluids.

We tried to scratch a Christmas together Christmas night but we weren't really feeling up to it and the 2 year old was in bed by 6pm.

Sadly it was a holiday to forget.  It will undoubtedly be a measuring stick of future holidays...  "oh you think this year sucks, remember Christmas 2010?  Ya, THAT sucked."

I shouldn't complain.  We are on the mend, Liam is home (although no closer to any answers) and it wasn't like we were on the streets or didn't have anything for our kiddos for Christmas.

It just wasn't what you think about when you want to give your kids as good of memories as you have of your holidays when you were a kid.


TRAINING
Ya... the bike, run and swim I had left kind of didn't happen as planned.
I got my 6.1 miles in for Operation Jack Sunday on the treadmill... but it was SLOW going so I didn't upset the applecart and get sick again.

32.7 miles biking
13.55 miles running
3500 yards swimming


FANTASY FOOTBALL
I lost the 3rd place game in CBS.  Best finish ever in that league but fourth gets $0.  Bummer.

I'm up by 60 points in the yahoo league for first place but the guy that I'm playing has 3 guys left to play and Mike Vick is one of them.  MV can score 60 just by himself.  I'm worried.


CHIEFS
Chiefs beat Titans.  Bengals bear Chargers.  Chiefs AFC West champs and guaranteed home playoff game!  Who would have seen that coming after only scratching together 10 wins in 3 years and they get that in one year.  I guess Todd Haley and Matt Cassel are for real!  I'm still a little stunned.  I want to enjoy it but I wonder what will happen when the schedule gets tougher next year.

3 comments:

Christi said...

I am so sorry that your Christmas was not as planned. Being sick really does put a damper on things, particularly when it is the entire family!

I hope you all feel 100% real soon!

Go Chiefs!

Jason said...

Well I listened and didn't start Bowe....let's just say a mistake but let's hope not a mortal mistake.

Down 35.9 with Ryan, White and Bryant going tonight. Going to be close.

Hope that stomach flu heads out the door soon.

Mark said...

Nice call on the 8-8 season...haha, I think everyone in KC was a little surprised this year!