Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last Post for 2010

Ahhhh 2010... what a love-hate year.

Stepped up the performances in races this year while missing out on more racing due to flats, weather and family medical issues than in years past.

Flatted in IM KS, missed some runs for hospital stints for family members, and missed IM Branson while Liam was in the NICU for the first week of his life.

I've definitely picked up some good training tips to improve my performance. Focused on swimming more and running harder instead of doing what I like to do best, ride.

Totals for 2010:
2541.50 miles cycling
721.38 miles running
333665 yards swimming (189.58 miles)

I'm not organized enough to have 2009 separated out to compare, but my overall training charts show I'm way ahead of 2009 totals. You can toss 2006 since that's when I started keeping track and it's only a partial year. Here's a shot of my average hours per week training.



Bested 2009 by an average of 4 hours a week.

Lessons:
1. Don't fall off the ledge during the off season - hit the water
2. Weight control made a difference. I figured out how to control it for the most part without going hungry and missing out on the treats.
3. More is more. Not overboard, but more.
4. Intensity. Get some.
5. Mornings. Hate getting up between 4am and 5am, but that's where the extra umph comes from.

Hopefully 2011 brings some more podium spots, more fun, less DNF's and DNS's, and NO MORE HOSPITAL STAYS! =)

Now, I just have to figure out how to fit in 2 bikes rides, 1 long run and a swim this weekend while watching the kiddos...

EXAMINER
Other IM's besides Ironman Branded
Lance Armstrong postpones Tri re-entry
Kansas City New Year's Day Run

5 comments:

Jason said...

Solid 2010 and the best part of this post was your reflections of how to improve 2011.

2011 is going to be awesome for you and the family.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

Tri-James said...

Awesome chart! I am impressed.

TRI714 said...

Impressive numbers to say the least. You have my attention.
p.s. hows Liam ?

Christi said...

Great job with 2010 but 2011 is your year!

Have a Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Awesome swim miles! I would like to record half that in 2011.

Mike Welch