Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday, Home Sick

So my cold is not treating me very well today. It's manageable, but coughing and runny nose non-stop. So much so I decided to give my co-workers a break and stay home. After a project manager and my manager asked me if I needed to go home yesterday, I realized that even though I could function and do my job, it was probably not appreciated that I was at work hacking and blowing my nose all day. I don't think they were as much concerned with my well being... =) So, I stayed home today. Hopefully I recover over the weekend.


TRAINING
Since Liam has been home two weeks has has leveled off. Not really worse but not better. Manageable like my cold. So with less hospital visits I have more time to work with over lunch and after work. Mornings and lunch are for training and what I need to get done for the home front and after work is for spending with the family.

So I've gotten in a decent amount of time in this week. Hoping to make a recovery by tomorrow for a long run. We shall see.

Week totals so far:
45 miles biking
7.5 miles running
6000 yards swimming
Cross Training - playing for first place in indoor soccer Sunday!


2010 WORKOUT LOG
So I made a little summary of the charts I have made through the year for training. Some compare year to year and some are just for one year at a time to see if I met my plan. Since 2010 was the first year for the yearly plan, my estimate at the end of the year was a little optimistic.

As you can see 2010 was a breakthrough year for biking, running and swimming. Miles and yards went up for the bike and run and swim. The only downward trend was run pace. That's the function of more speed, interval and hill work. Results in better race speed, but brings down the average pace.

So, take a look and bask in the wonder that is my triathlon nerdery!




Go CHIEPS!  Go JAYHAWKS!  Sports weekend here I come!  You know you've trained your two-year old right when she does the Rock Chalk chant after a KU basketball win!

2 comments:

Christi said...

My son learned very young that when I asked him where he was going to college to say "KU, momma, KU!" Of course, that hasn't happened yet!

Feel better soon and good luck at your soccer game!

TRI714 said...

Man you Kansas people and your beloved KU hawks :-). Down with Baltimore, GO CHIEFS !BE well.