Sunday, January 23, 2011

Open Letter to the Peanut Gallery

So, in writing and posting about the life and times of me and my family, I encounter what could be called as rude and sometimes asinine comment submissions.

That's why I moderate my comments.

To you that leave good, constructive, positive comments and the like, thank you very much!  I hope you enjoy reading my blog and thank you for interacting!

To those that feel they are compelled to leave derogatory comments, don't waste your time.  Why even bother to read my blog if you don't like what I have to say or don't agree with what I post about.  It's one thing to disagree on points, but what's the point of having a profile on blogger, reading blogs and posting insulting comments?  Get a life.

Thanks.
That's all.

6 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

so typical. People get tough from a distance, in this case a Google account or whatever. Pretty much can guarantee those same people would not have the guts to say the same stuff in person.

Tri-James said...

Lots of tough guys behind a keyboard - sorry you have had to deal with the creeps.

Christi said...

I love your blog and I am sorry that you have to deal with stupid people!

TRI714 said...

yep said it before will say it again. I read your blog and your articles. Great stuff.

Maggs said...

I found your blog through your post on ST. I have a blog (duh) and have a stalker. She made up a fake name once and left a bunch of comments. I use Stat counter and could identify her IP address. A few days later she left comments from her own account. I know her so I told a friend of mine that I think she got drunk and forgot to log in as someone else. My friend agreed with me. So I published her comments coming from her name. She apologized (via comment) and I published those too. She still reads my blog, but hasn't commented in a while.

If she's just disagreeing with what you say, publish it and let others decide what is right. Also publish it if it's a personal attack, she might stop.

But yeah, I don't understand why people read the blogs if they are just going to get angry over what people write (in my stalker's case she would google me 2-3 times a day to see if I updated my blog. I have stopped following some blogs because I percieve the person as being an elitist, contradictory or just full of shit.

adena said...

Here's the thing, as someone relatively new to this I get loads of good advice and info from the bloggers. Why a person would waste their time to make a negative comment like that is beyond me, go eat a protein bar. Thankfully I have yet to speak with or meet any jackasses related to triathlons.

Nice blog btw. Look forward to reading more.