Monday, April 18, 2011

Drained

I'm all tuckered out, and it's only Monday!

Kids kicked my butt this weekend.  School "proms", Monkey Business and Animal Farms... and that was just at home!  =)  We had a lot going on mixed in with a work event Friday night and an 11 mile run Saturday.  Where does the time go?



For the second year in a row I opted out of the Trolley Run in Kansas City.  It's a nice little 4 mile downhill run where EVERYONE sets a PR.  Just too much going on right now so I'm trying to focus on the important races and manage everything else.


TRAINING
Last week's number:
Biking : 64.5 miles - missed one ride
Running : 17.25 miles - missed one run
Swimming : 7500  yards - got my three I wanted
Total Time : 9:30 - largest week to date but wanted to break 10 hours this week.  We shall see if I can up the load with the dwindling hours in the day.  Amazing how the full time job sucks a lot of that training time up!  =)

Bike speed is still lacking.  With the family and wife working a lot of weekends, it's hard to get in on group rides as my schedule is all wompus and I go when I can.

Some online drills I'm hoping to capture in some future rides.
Active.com - http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/4-Drills-to-Improve-Pedaling-Technique.htm?cmp=306&memberid=29739212&lyrisid=21467738
Active.com - http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/3-Steps-to-a-Faster-Bike-Split.htm?cmp=306&memberid=29739212&lyrisid=21659106


EXAMINER
KC events this weekend.  Sort of slim pickings due to Easter Sunday.


COMMENT QandA
Wee Man - thanks for the comments.  We think he's a cute little guy and yes, he's only 7 months old!  He is size 9 to 12 months (we'll take any gently used baby boy clothes you have!) and growing like a weed.  He had some issues to start life and actually lost weight in the first couple months but he's making up for lost time now!

2 comments:

ScottyB said...

Yeah... I've decided to make Trolley Run its own category in my PR list just so I can keep track of my "true" 4 mile PR (which is 3 minutes slower).

Christi said...

Wow, you had a great week of training even if you missed a couple of workouts. Great job!