Monday, April 11, 2011

Feel the burn!

You know the season is here when you ride and run outside and you lose 7 pounds of sweat and walk away with a nice tri-top sun burn.

"Your back has an owie daddy."
"Yes... please don't rub on it any more, sweatheart."
Ya, just didn't dawn upon me I might burn.  Duh.  Need to break out the KINeSYS sunscreen!
Do as I say, not as I do.  Wear your sunscreen!

So, we had almost 90 temps Saturday, 80's on Sunday and today was high 40's in the morning with high of 67.  Friday, high of 57 and lows just around freezing.  Ok.. I'm all for warm temps to get outside and train but now we are just getting a little too wacky around here.  Is it too much to ask for consistency?



Burn, freeze, burn, freeze... I feel like a bag of chicken breasts in our freezer.  Freeze um for months and then dump them on the grill and cook immediately.


TRAINING
Biking : 61 miles
Running : 18 miles
Swimming : 2000 yards - gearing back up after ear infection.
Total Time : 7:42

It was ok but hoping for more swimming this week and I'm not sure how I'm going to balance riding with 40's in the morning.  I'm just not game for cold biking after living the high life in the 80's Saturday.  Hmmmm


EXAMINER
Bulletin for volunteering at the Oz Marathon in Olathe, KS.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Nice solid week! I got a sunburn on my face yesterday. I didn't get it anywhere else because we didn't have the great temps you had! I was bundled up!

Becky H said...

Ohh... so jealous, what I wouldn't give to ride outdoors, nevermind in a tri top!! Hopefully soon...