Web Site - http://www.livefluid.com/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/LiveFluid
Twitter - http://twitter.com/Fluid_Recovery
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/thefluidchannel
- Recovery Drink
- Fluid Gear
- We earn and maintain customer loyalty by consistently delivering the highest quality products. We accomplish this with a company wide commitment to excellence in developing and marketing proven products to enhance performance, health, and general well-being.
- To harness our passion for physical fitness and nutrition and provide products that are admired throughout our industry and the athletic community.
- Our values are critical to building and maintaining customer trust and go beyond putting the customer first. These include:
- Social and Environmental Responsibility
- Commitment to Excellence
- Ethical behavior
- Fluid was originally founded in San Luis Obispo by a nutritional biochemist and an exercise physiologist at Cal Poly State University. Fluid Recovery was introduced to the open market in early 2006, in an effort to answer the industries need for a superior quality recovery drink.
- Fluid founders Richard Smith and Dave Brown gained local and national attention for their research in nutritional biochemistry and their work with athletes both nationally and internationally. Today they continue their sports science research and are developing new products to diversify the Fluid line of recovery drinks.
- You can find the stylized Fluid logo sponsoring athletes across several disciplines, including Olympic Track & Field athletes, BMX world champions, AVP volleyball players, and a professional triathlon development team. For more information about NEHP, Fluid, or its founders please contact us.
- The original mission: Fluid, Everything you need, nothing you don’t.
While chocolate milk floats my boat for taste, Gatorade provides the nutrition I was looking for but sacrificed taste. For some reason, the Recover from Gatorade just had a bad after taste no matter what flavor I tried. While chocolate milk went down smooth, it provided more non-essential calories than I wanted post training.
I posted on EverymanTri.com about some comparison's of recovery drinks where I ranked FLUID number 2. To be honest, I have tried Hammer products and while I find them affective, they fall in the Gatorade Recover category of not meeting my taste requirements.
When I fix up some FLUID (I go with chocolate), then I get the nutrients AND taste. I'm a chocolate milk fiend and I get that kick with FLUID and you can always spice it up with some milk (I use skim) if mixing it with water isn't getting it done for you.
Out of the recovery products I have tried, I must admit FLUID hits all of the high points.
- Packaging appeal
- Ease of assembly (although you do have to be careful like all mix drinks that you shake thoroughly to get all of the clumps that cling to the sides mixed in)
- Taste - I put that in again because who wants to chug something you don't like the taste of after riding 40 or running 11 miles??
As I mentioned before, FLUID is a sponsor of Falkee Triathlon and provides a discount to the team. I paid for all products and FLUID has in no way provided any compensation for a "positive" review or anything like that. =)