Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Back to Triathlon

Nice threshold run this morning but you know, at times I wish I was a dog.

Why?

Cause if you have GI distress and you're a dog, you find a nice spot, hunch over and let it go. People? If you have culture, then you look for a toilet of some sort. Usually threshold runs I have walks between sets so GI isn't as much of an issue, but today it was. Mile 5 into a 6.25 miler it became abundantly clear what was needing to happen.

It was timing of a lifetime to get to the bathroom at home EXACTLY when I NEEDED to! Holy crap... literally.

But I digress and took the dogs for a cool down walk.

TRAINING
Last week's numbers:



So far so good with Garmin connect. Just have to remember to enter swims and non-GPS events. No problem and you can search and filter all you want.

I was pretty happy that I got 3 of each workout last week. The long ride was 30 on the trainer instead of 40 on the street, but the weather didn't want to cooperate so you take what you can get.

Hoping for some miles this week but rain is looming for the rest of the week in the am's. Booooo


EXAMINER
I tallied the Biksource Duathlon and Triathlon survey results. I got 7 entries and the rating was pretty good at 7 from 0-10. I'm also going to check participation numbers as I think they are declining in participation which could be due to weather or popularity has peaked for the event. We shall see.

Kansas City Triathlon went on without me. Top 3 HERE.

Can you believe ANOTHER Lance teammate is turning him over for doping? Coming out of the woodwork. False or true, it's got to be tiring for him.


EVENTS
Next on the horizon is the Ironman Kansas 70.3.  Couple weeks away but hopefully better results than last year...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lance is a liar, and most cyclists have known that for a long time. I would call him a cheat too, but if everyone else is doing it, I'm not sure if that's cheating.

It's bothersome that he turns it around and says everyone is after him. After watching the 60 Minutes episode, that erased that .1% glimmer of hope that he was innocent. That killed Tyler to say that. Almost painful to watch. Floyd is a crazy ass, and he'd rat out his own mommma for a buck.

Anonymous said...

Just found you via Kovas!!

DaShaun said...

Sorry I missed you triathlon survey. I would give it a 8 out of 10. I was super happy with the volunteers, I love the medals and the tshirts. I normally like longer distances, but I really like this course. My favorite part is the nice downhill section before the flat finish. I will do this race again! I think this is a great way to start the season.

DaShaun said...

I'm sorry that I missed your survey. I would give the race an 8 out of 10. I thought the volunteers were fantastic. The medal and the tshirt are top notch. I normally like longer races, but I really like this course. The climb on the bike is challenging for me and I love the nice downhill section on the run with the flat finish. The swim is just long enough to get the season started properly. I will do this race again. I think this is a great way to start the triathlon season. Unfortunately, it hasn't had great weather the past two years.

Ransick said...

Just read your RR from Kansas last year. That sucks but good lesson learned, I don't bring enough tubes. Good luck this year!