Monday, May 23, 2011

We interrupt this triathlon blog for breaking news...

Normally i would be talking triathlon, training, ducking out of the KC Triathlon yesterday for not wanting to pay $100 to do it.. BUT we have has some serious weather around here!


You all know about Alabama and what they had a few weeks ago, well now it's Joplin, MO's, turn. They got slammed yesterday and 89 are already confirmed dead. The city has 50,000 people and they estimate 30% of the town is wiped out.

If you are interested in helping out, check out the Ozarks Red Cross arm and consider donating.


I'll also place a Red Cross link in my scrolling sponsor and partnership links at the top of my blog.

Prayers are with the people in and around Joplin.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I was so sad to hear about Joplin! My hometown is very close to Joplin about an hour away so I have spent some time there through the years.

I wish them all the best during their troubling times!