Monday, May 9, 2011

Get er done

Kicked off Monday morning with a Threshold run which I have been missing for a few weeks.  It was the odd man out workout.  Aside from GI issues and wanting to barf, it was pretty epic.

I bought into Threshold runs back in August last year when we had Chris Legh speak at a packet pickup for Jackson County Triathlon.  It was one of his staples to stay fast and after setting new PR's for 10k and 1/2 marathon this year, I'm buying in.



I feel the need, the need for speed!

But, if you think I'm full of bunk, check out this blog posting tauting the virtues of lactate threshold work.


TRAINING
Hit the 10 hour mark last week.  It took some coordinating and lack of sleep, but got every workout but one in last week that I wanted!  It included a nice ride to the gym, swim and ride home.  Got a workout in and saved like $10 of gas to drive there and back!  Sadly, to maintain energy after the ride/swim/ride to jump on yard work, I downed a Mountain Dew Live Wire mixed with 5 hour energy.  Great recovery.... NOT.  But it staved off the coma feeling later from fatigue and I was able to mow, weed eat, move some rocks, clean dog poo, mulch, weed and some other stuff while keeping track of a 3 year old.  (Wee Man was hanging out with Nena for the afternoon).

Stats
Biking : 80.65 miles
Running : 20.33 miles
Swimming : 7500 yards
Soccer : 48 minutes
Total : 10:54 hours


FAMILY
And finally, happy belated Mother's day out there!  What did I get my wife, you ask?  Well, let me tell you it was a pure treat!  I took responsibility of watching the kids (with the help of my mom and mother-in-law) and gave my wife a well deserved.... day at work.  She worked like a lot of weekends.  But, as some of you parents know, sometimes work can be a nice change of pace from kid duty.  So, ya she was slaving away for 13 hours but didn't have to tend to kids the whole time.

Do I believe that's a real treat?  No.  But you do what you can to find humor in the day-to-day!

No comments: