Thursday, May 12, 2011

Training upheaval this week

So Tuesday was the bike race for Kansas City Corporate Challenge for my age group.  They have two nights (luckily I was Tuesday since last night got rained out).  It's only a 3 mile loop but the cool part is that it's on the Kansas Speedway NASCAR track!  Smooth and flat but the area is pretty open and the wind was in full force...

But that all goes to having to juggle my training schedule this week.  I didn't want to wipe myself out for the race Tuesday so I skipped Tuesday morning workout and did my long ride Wednesday morning and this morning just didn't have enough get-up-and-go to get out of bed and hit the pavement.

But, I needed a recovery week AND I have Bikesource Triathlon Sunday so probably better off that way (notice I'm trying to justify slacking off today).

The day job has kept me full up busy these days so between that and Em's foot troubles AND a sick 3 year old (which Em does must of the work and I play cleanup where I can) energy is hard to come by unless it's artificial.


EXAMINER
Published a few articles lately.
Kansas City Events this weekend.
Get some training wheels and don't train on your $2500 ZIPPS!

2 comments:

Christi said...

I am having the same kind of week and I don't have a race to blame for it. I am blaming the weather. We are getting rain and snow here in Colorado and I am not liking it at all. I know that we need the moisture but it really messes up my workouts and mood!

I hope your wife and your daughter feel better real soon!

Mark said...

It must be the weather or time of year. I have been "tapering" this week, but really have missed easy workouts. Good luck at Heritage, it will be my first.