Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life, Liberty and the persuit of a clean garage

Making it all fit and function, part 256.


As the Beastie Boys say, "Well, it's, 50 cups of coffee and you know it's on,
I move the crowd to the break, of break of dawn, Can't rock the house without the" clean garage... or something like that to steal some Friday Lyrics mojo from Christi at Pedestrian Runner.  Friday was an up at 3:30am and GO GO GO until 10pm when I went to bed kind of day.  I need a recovery day from my vacation day from work!  =)

It was a WORK day, that's for sure.  No, not the day job, it was a home project long overdue.  I took the day off work to tackle the projects head on!  No commercials, NO MERCY!

Mission:
  1. Long Bike Ride - 60ish miles
  2. 30 Minute BRIK Run
  3. Clean / Organize Basement and Garage - they were getting unusable and cluttered.  For those of you single people with a house and no kids, get ready.  Kids stuff takes up a lot of space if you don't keep up with it.
  4. Re-caulk Shower
  5. Web Site Work
  6. If we had time, take R2 with the dogs to the dog park - it has lake access for them to cool off in the heat.
Results
  1. 46 miles on the bike.  I needed to get it in before Em left for work cause there was no way I wanted to ride in the 100 degree predicted heat and I didn't get up early enough.
  2. No run.  Ran out of time.
  3. Done and done.  Hung some cabinets, took some stuff to my mom's HUGE basement, trashed some stuff and ORGANIZED!  We can now use the entire garage and basement area!!  See before and after below.  This took from 9am until 5:30pm with only a half hour to eat lunch and watch Little Couple on DVR.  Love that show!  Hence... the list kind of sputtered after this.
  4. Didn't happen.
  5. Didn't happen.
  6. Didn't happen.

I swear that cleaning the garage and basement was more demanding than any half ironman or training day I have done in a long time.  I don't think I have been this sore the day after a HIM...

Thanks goodness this wasn't an OSHA reviewed job site or else I would have been written up for smashing my thumbing while wrenching on lag bolts for the cabinets.  Thought I might have broken a bone, but I think it's just severely bruised.


KANSAS CITY EVENTS
From the organizers of the Midwest Tri Series:

We're just one short month away from the 29th Annual Jackson County Triathlon and Duathlon! Have you registered yet? This race is a sell out every year and you can save yourself a few bucks by pre-registering! If you're not a big fan of open water swims you can compete in the Duathlon! Double the run and double the fun! Online registration will close on August 14th, 2011 at Midnight CST at the time all early bird registration fees will expire. Do you have all your pre-race and race day needs fulfilled? You can visit Cycle City Bike and Running Company for all your pre-race needs such as GU, Reynolds Wheels, Oakley Sunglasses, Newton Running Shoes, Challenge Tires and many other race day needs! See you at the races!

Event dates for 2011

SALES
Flash SALE: Save 40-55% On All Canari Cycle Wear at LeftLane Sports! Ends 7/29

Dragon Sale - Save Up To 60% On Shades At TheClymb.com. Event Ends 7/25/2011 At 9AM PDT.

Save 20% when you spend $75 at Footlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V737.  Valid 7/22 - 7/25.  Online only; Some exclusions may apply.

Save 20% when you spend $75 at Champssports.com!  Use code LKS1V768.  Valid 7/22 - 7/25.  Online only; Some exclusions may apply.

New Markdowns Up to 60% Off at SpeedoUSA.com!

2 comments:

Cort the Sport said...

That was a WAY ambitious list and even to get garage AND basement done is impressive. I put in 5 hours at the kids' swim meet followed by a 44 mile bike ride and all I can think to do is nap. Good work!

(I'm a new reader...can't even remember how I found your blog!)

RFalkenrath said...

Thanks for reading, Cort. I always aim high with my to-do list (even if most of the time it's unrealistic). Glad you found my blog!