Thursday, September 13, 2012

Better Eat Your @Wheaties - #TeamWheaties

As you have seen by now, I'm hip with Wheaties...
I was selected to be a Team Wheaties Ambassador around the beginning of August of this year.


Why is that super awesome way cool gnarly!?

I'm a cereal junkie.  It's one of my weaknesses (one of many, but I don't want to air all of the laundry today).  I'll eat cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  When the family is having a YOYO night for dinner, Em is often mystified how I can just subsist on a bowl of cereal.  It's just good stuff.

But, Wheaties is a whole new level.  I've been on the Wheaties Fuel bandwagon for a while as well as the regular Wheaties.  I mean, what triathlete wouldn't eat the cereal that showcased Chris McCormack on the box after he won Kona a second time?

In addition to tasting kick-ass, the 100% whole grain flakes in Wheaties provide your body with complex carbohydrates that can be digested more slowly to provide a constant and consistent supply of energy. This is essential, especially when activity levels are high, like in the hours after breakfast or when working out. Carbohydrates are also the preferred fuel for muscle and the nervous system, therefore low carbohydrate levels can result in poor performance and fatigue during physical activity.

I joined Team Wheaties because I want to support brands that are making an impact in the athletic community. Wheaties cereal is designed to fuel performance and a Wheaties breakfast provides long-lasting energy from whole grain.

So, when you're at the grocery store looking for healthy options that's better that tasteless rice cakes, look for some Wheaties!




Wonder how you can get chances to be a part of teams like Team Wheaties?
Apply on Active.com to be an Active Ambassador.


Create a profile on Active Ambassadors - your profile must be 100% complete to qualify to be selected as an ambassador

Enter my full name (Ryan Falkenrath) in the "How did you hear about Active Ambassadors?" question.  It's not always about what you know, but who you know!

No comments: