Wednesday, December 26, 2012

That's a BINGO! #910XTContest WINNER!

Well, hopefully everyone got what they wanted from Christmas... 

Whether it be that perfect triathlon gift, not having the world end on December 21 or a big ole turkey for Christmas dinner, hopefully you got what you wanted out of the holidays.

I wanted to throw a little contest to end the year on a high note for someone lucky enough to get a Garmin 910XT. The CONTEST ran from Dec 10th to Dec 24th at 11:59pm. The catch was that we needed 75 individuals to enter the contest. Well, we only got 32 which put me in a conundrum. I wanted a little more mileage from the contest, but at the same time I didn't want to short change the people that put effort into it to enter. I did get a lot of new likes on the MVT Facebook page which some were not the same people entering the contest. Hopefully if you wanted to enter, you posted on the blog as requested so I could track you!

In the end, I decided to go ahead and hold the drawing!

Thanks to my excel spreadsheet and random.org, I found a winner. Each entrant was added and for each point earned, they got an entry. For instance Mark B jumped through enough hoops to score 17 points, so he gets 17 entries and so on. Then, each entry was given a number starting with 1 for the first entrant and then we just went down the line for each subsequent point earned. In all, we had 32 people complete enough tasks to earn 250 points.

So, I went to random.org with the number 1 through 250 and the person that got to 5 hits first on the combination of any of their entry points, won.

Clear as mud?

Anyway, drum roll please.....


Megan C (Megan) from Arizona won! Her comment was; "16 points for me. Would LOVE to win this, thank you for the chance! Spreading the word and hope you reach 75 entries. -Megan C from Arizona."

As a side note, Megan was scrambling to get more people to enter. She convinced her husband to jump through the hoops as well on Christmas Eve night threatening to withhold dinner. Congrats on the hard work, it paid off!

Email me at falkeetriathlon at hotmail dot com with your address and I will get it sent asap!

Sorry to Mark B (Mark) and Scotty B (ScottyB), you came soooo close with 4 hits, but in the end, Megan would not be denied.


2 comments:

Mark said...

Sidenote: If it does go unclaimed, I am willing to battle to the death with Scott for the watch... haha

Unknown said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!! :)