So I'm pulling out the stops and holding a pretty darn sweet contest.
From now until December 24, 2012 at 11:59pm CST, you can comment on this post to win a NEW IN THE BOX Garmin 910XT. I have never used one, but I wrangled up two. One for me, and one for all of my readers / followers / friends and strangers to battle it out for.
If you don't know about the Garmin 910XT, then check back in as we test a new one out (aside from the one in this giveaway) for our experience or check out Ray Maker's blog for HIS REVIEW.
The contest is for;
Heart Rate Monitor Version
- Forerunner 910XT
- Premium heart rate monitor
- USB ANT Stick
- AC charger
- Charging clip
- Expander strap
How am I able to do this, you ask? Do I make so much at my day job that I can just buy this stuff and give it away? Like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, give it away, give it away, give it away now? No. Through Examiner and the Man Vs Endurance store, I received a VERY modest income that is self sustaining enough for website hosting and inventory for the store. It's eeking out a profit to sustain itself and I wanted to re-invest into it with this contest.
Here's how to get entered;
1 point - Follow @TriJayhawkRyan on twitter.
1 point - Follow @ManVsTriathlon on twitter.
1 point - Like Man Vs Triathlon on Facebook page.
1 point - Like Kansas Jayhawk Basketball Examiner Facebook page.
1 point - subscribe to the email list under my profile on the blog on the left column.
1 point - Become a follower of my blog through google, see the link on the left column under my bio.
1 point - Follow me on Google Plus. Just look me up, Ryan Falkenrath.
1 point - Post a link to this contest on your Facebook wall.
1 point - If you are military past or present, you get an extra point.
1 point - Post this to twitter, "RT @TrijayhawkRyan is giving away a Garmin 910XT. Check it out! #910XTContest".
1 point - Repost this as a link on your blog.
10 points - Buy a Man Vs Triathlon or Running shirt from the Man Versus Endurance store and take a picture of you wearing it and post it on the MVT Facebook page or on twitter, mentioning @ManVsTriathlon or @TriJayhawkRyan with hashtag #910XTcontest.
2 points - Subscribe to Endurance Sports Examiner to only receive email notifications when articles are published. Examiner will not send any other email to you other than article notifications.
2 points - Subscribe to Kansas Jayhawk Basketball Examiner to only receive email notifications when articles are published. Examiner will not send any other email to you other than article notifications.
3 points - Support the Thunderclap campaign to send out support for the Operation Jack satellite runs this December. They support the Autism Society and many more charity organizations. You can support with a twitter or Facebook account. You simply click on the link to support from Twitter or Facebook and allow the app to post the message to your account if we get enough supporters.
1 point - Support the Thunderclap campaign to send out a call to Chrissie Wellington not to retire. You can support with a twitter or Facebook account. You simply click on the link to support from Twitter or Facebook and allow the app to post the message to your account if we get enough supporters.
That's 24 points for 24 entries into the contest... not bad.
- Winners can only be in the United States or Canada. I appreciate everyone outside of North America if you read this blog, but rounding up funds to ship overseas or down south isn't feasible.
- YOU MUST POST YOUR POINT TOTAL as a comment on this post. If you don't, I cannot guarantee you will be entered. Hopefully one post with your total, but if you have to do some here and there and post a few comments, I'll let it slide.
- You will get ONE entry per ONE POINT. So if you follow a twitter account and send out a tweet, that's 2 points and 2 entries.
- Any point you earn has to be something new. If you already follow a twitter account, that will not count for this contest. There's 24 opportunities, so there should be plenty to get points for.
- In your comment, please include a first name, last initial and state where you are from. This will be how you get identified in the drawing.
- Pay attention for the winner announcement. You will need to follow the instructions on getting a hold of me to get your 910XT.
- Entries end on December 24, 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn Christmas afternoon. No exceptions.
- READ THIS : This contest will only go to a drawing IF 75 unique entries have been received. That means 75 different people will need to enter for a chance to win. Point totals do not count towards this. If in the event we do not reach 75, the contest will end revisions will be made. If we are coming up short, better help spread the word!
- In the event background checking is done and tampering or cheating has been found, the contest will be cancelled.