Wednesday, April 3, 2013

We have some good news, and some bad news...

The kids are finally better!
After a bout of strep throat and ear infections, both the Wee Man and R2 are fully functional.

The bad news, they both get to get tonsils out!  I remember that being done as a kid, and it sucked.  I recall at least a week of super sore throat and days without wanting to eat or drink anything.  I can only imagine what it will be like with a 2 and a 5 year old.

As I get the ball rolling with the Triathlon Coaching, my USAT level 1 clinic is coming up and race season will soon be upon us.  Scheduling was going to be a tightrope walk, and I was pushing to have them both done on the same day.  You know, 2 kids, 2 parents.  We could divide and concur!

Well, my wife and ENT doc talked me out of it and in retrospect, it's probably better to stagger them.

After remembering more and more of what it was like for me at age 6 or 7ish, it SUCKED.  I remember waking up afterwards being in agonizing pain.  I remember being home and refused to take the medication and opting to go to bed early, which is unheard of for small kids.  I remember not being able to really talk for a few days (which I'm sure my mom relished in that brief glory).

So, R2 goes first and Wee Man goes second.

It should be a wild ride watching my kids go through it and trying to keep them comfortable through the whole thing.

Those with kids out there and hectic schedules, what would you have done?  Both at once or draw out the household agony with separate surgery dates?

No comments: