Friday, August 13, 2010

Is it just me, or is it hot in here?



115 heat index, really? Is that necessary? I don't think so. Luckily I hit the ride and run BRIK early this morning when it was only 88 degrees and like 90% humidity. Here's the Garmin connect data. I tried to push to 20mph bike and 7:15 or better run pace. Not too far off!




Meanwhile Emily went in AGAIN for IV fluids since she loses her lunch 14 times a day. We are actually not too happy with our OB as she wanted to admit her again today just for fluids. They seem content just to check her in and out despite the fact she's not able to keep anything down.



I also have to admit I'm a big NFL fan and the Chiefs are playing tonight in the first pre-season game. They will probably be 8-8 if they are lucky this year, but I grew up watching them so I'll keep watching.

I'll leave you with a sweet picture of me catching "air" on the wake board last weekend and my latest Examiner article. Note : Examiner just "upgraded" so some articles may be wonky.



Don't forget about the SOCK contest closing soon!

KC EVENTS THIS WEEKEND

3 comments:

Christi said...

I am sorry about your wife!

I love the Chiefs!!! I hope we have a better year this year!

Have a great weekend and I hope it cools down soon!

Kathleen said...

I feel for your wife. I can't even imagine how rough that must be.

The heat is brutal! Of course I will be complaining about the cold in a few months.

Unknown said...

Dang, you guys are having Texas-like heat up there! Good Training Day!

So ... how is Bowe looking in training camp? With his size and speed he should be a top 10 WR but every year he seems to disappoint -- usually sitting on my fantasy bench!