Friday, October 15, 2010

The Day Before

KC Marathon, So far so good.  Need to pick up my race packet and get some gels for the marathon tomorrow.  I might also look for some cheap running pants to start in and ditch as it's suppose to be in the 50's for the morning and high 60's to low 70's by the time I'm hoping to be done.  I'd rather have the chill than heat and humidity that was around for Hospital Hill in June.

Ran my last run yesterday morning which was a brisk 6 miler around 8:30 minute miles.  I was hoping for faster splits but I didn't want to push it so close to go time.  It felt good, no lingering sore spots... as Korn would say, "let's get this party started!".

On the home front Liam is doing good.  Still having some reflux issues but nothing requiring hospitalization.  Speaking of... got his NICU bill for his first week... it was not cheap.  Lets just say I think I cashed in all of the insurance premiums I've ever paid.  Insurance paid off.  I hate paying the co-pays, deductibles and coinsurance but I have to keep in mind that we would be in the poor house without it for Liam.

Also rolling out a novel idea.  I'm venturing into Multisport Sponsorship.  No, I'm not sponsored (yet), but I'm starting a little side project to match competitive age group athletes with companies looking to get their name and brand out in unique ways without paying thousands of dollars.  A la Carte pricing with varying ways to get their logo or text out.  Check it out.

http://www.falkeetrisponsor.blogspot.com/

Right now I'm the only athlete on there, but I'm looking for the project to get some legs and gain steam and add more athletes.  I was tired of the yearly rejection from major sponsors (ZIPP, GU, Clif Bars, etc...) so I'm looking at unique and affordable ways for companies to use their marketing dollars on what I feel is an un-tapped resource of people willing to spread the word.

Check it out.  Always looking for critiques Constructive Advice if anyone out there sees room for improvement.  =)

And in closing here's some random Ebay and Examiner tid bits.  Happy racing out there this weekend!

Some clipless bike pedals for auction on ebay if you are looking for some.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200531687480











Latest Examiner Article for some events around KC this weekend.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Good luck at the Marathon! I hope you have a great race!

I love your sponsorship idea. I had been knocking around ideas like that as well but was making any progress. Good luck!

Ransick said...

I like the sponsorship ideas too. I tweet and blog about the stuff I experiment with. If it was free, I would tell the truth :-).