Friday, February 11, 2011

Had to do it

This week was a drainer! I needed an off day so I passed on a morning ride and pushed the swim to lunch today. To get going I threw down a 5 hour energy drink. Anyone else try these? It does the trick... but it dies give me a few jitters. I try to avoid it on a regular basis but sometimes you need an extra kick.

Anyone use it when training? Seems a little dangerous to have that much of a rush when training?



TRAINING
Mixed up the swim with some push ups and sit ups between sets. I saw some workouts online that suggested that and never really saw what they were called until a guy in the pool that I know yelled out "RAMBO's! SWEET!". Anyone else heard of RAMBO swimming drills?

Biking : 20 miles - got another ride on tap for the weekend
Running : 6.25 - got another run on tap for the weekend - 50 degrees on the forecast!
Swimming : 7000 yards
Total Time : 4.2 hours


EXAMINER
Early Bird for St Pat's Run
Taking a look at how to be the athlete you want to be and make sure you stay married.  You don't have to be a an ultra athlete to have an interest dominate your time... gamer, working on cars, gambling... who knows what.  It applies to a lot of situations.
And, last but not least some events around Kansas City this weekend.


FALKEE TRIATHLON
Added T MAT PRO and KinEsys sunscreen to the team! Check them out! We are getting geared up for the season and doing a few reviews like Grease Monkey Wipes and The Regimen.


1 comment:

ScottyB said...

Someone gave me one of those 5 hour energy drinks at work after I was complaining about being tired (working 70+ hour weeks consecutively might have had something to do with it). I never did drink it but it is still at my desk. The "energy blend" calls for Tamine, Glucuronolactone, Malic Acid, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosin, L-Phenylalanine, Caffeine, Citicoline. Except for one of those ingredients, I don't recognize them nor be able to pronounce them. That generally screams chemicals and I try to limit that.

Not that I'm a tree-huggin' hippy but when they are there to specifically turbo-charge your "engine", it just scares me a little.

There is a guy at work who is constantly drinking those Monster drinks or whatever. Well, he's also constantly sick too. Not that one 5-hour Energy constitutes a habit but it just seems like a bad idea. Grab an apple and take a little walk around the cube farm.