Friday, May 20, 2011

Macca Gets His Book On

If you read my post yesterday, you know that Chris McCormack has a book coming out and I was lucky enough to get a crack at reading it before it hit the stands.  That was the good news and the bad news was my USB external drive crapped out, but I digress.

If you have followed the sport at all and you're not living under a triathlon rock, you know that Macca has won the Ironman World Championship in Kona twice.  His latest was a surprise victory last year as most were not picking him to contend at all.

Check out my take on EverymanTri on how I cracked the book open at a low point and it helped pick me up and gave me some determination not to crawl under a rock with so much going on at home, work and life.

You can pre-order it now and it will ship first thing next Monday.  See below for the amazon pre-order link.



On the losing data front, I have decided to go with Garmin connect for tracking my training since I eliminate duplicate entry and you can download the data to adjust how you want.  Anyone else stick solely with Garmin?

And, has anyone heard of Mint for financial tracking?  They have a free online service and you can add your checking, savings, credit cards, student loans and more.  Just trying to find ways to lose the spreadsheet lifestyle.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I have been using Mint.com and the android app for over a year now. Overall, I think it's pretty useful. Initially, it will take some time setting up budgets, accounts, and selecting charges under specific criteria (food, gas, TRI,etc), but it is well worth the time. They send you plenty of updates and overspending texts when you go over a specific budget. My online banking through my banks are terrible, and it's nice to be able to access different accounts through one site. I would try it for a few weeks to see if you like it. I bet you will.